- 1 Bulk Billing Children’s Dentistry Brisbane
- 1.1 What are the Benefits of Bulk Bill Dentists for Children?
- 1.2 Book an appointment
- 1.3 Frequently Asked Questions:
Bulk Billing Children’s Dentistry Brisbane
My Emergency Dentist in Brisbane is the one-stop shop for all your dental needs. We offer general dental care alongside emergency and urgent dental services. The best part about all of this? We are one of the only bulk billing dentists for children in Brisbane!
Bulk billing refers to an alternative medical financing option that is offered via a government-funded scheme like Medicare or the Child Dental Benefits Schedule (CDBS). When a clinic accepts bulk billing, the patient will be able to benefit from dental services at the expense of the state.
Routine dental services for adults, such as check-ups, cleanings, and cosmetic operations, are typically not covered by Medicare. However, depending on your specific circumstances, Medicare may cover some emergency and major dental treatments if deemed medically necessary.
So, if your treatment is covered, you won’t be charged by the dental professionals or the clinic in question. Instead, the government will be directly billed for the services rendered.
Since bulk billing is covered by Medicare and the CDBS, you’ll need to make sure that your child is eligible.
Your child needs to meet the following requirements under the CDBS:
- Your child must be between 2 and 17 years of age.
- Your child must be eligible for Medicare and receive an eligibility payment at least once in the calendar year.
- As a parent or guardian of the child in question, you must be able to receive CDBS benefits on behalf of your child.
- If your child is a teenager, they may be eligible for CDBS payments even if they turn 18 in the calendar year.
At My Emergency Dentist, we bulk bill all eligible CDBS patients, so you won’t have any out-of-pocket costs. Children who meet these requirements receive cover of up to $1,052 over 2 years.
What are the Benefits of Bulk Bill Dentists for Children?
Fast and Effective
When dental practices accept bulk billed payments, it eliminates the need for lengthy and drawn-out payment plans. You’ll just need to inform the dentist that you’re using the CDBS and sign a consent form. My Emergency Dentist will then bulk bill the payment, so you won’t need to worry about submitting a claim to get your benefits.
Covers the Majority of Dental Concerns
One of the highlights of using bulk billing dentists is that the programme covers a long list of different dental concerns and services for eligible patients. Some of the services covered under the CDBS include:
- General check-ups
- X-ray imaging
- Teeth cleaning
- Tooth extractions
- Dental fillings
- Root canal treatment
- Fissure sealing
No Hidden Costs
Bulk billing dentists in Brisbane can only be successful if they provide full transparency. When the service you require is covered, treatments with these practitioners will not have any hidden costs.
Notably, almost all fundamental dental treatments will be covered under the CDBS programme’s $1,000 cap.
Bulk Billing Caters for Emergencies
A dental emergency for children like a cracked tooth, severe gum or tooth pain, or an urgent filling are all covered by bulk billing for eligible CDBS patients. Being able to receive swift action at a clinic that provides emergency services at no extra cost, is a great way to preserve your child’s overall dental health.
My Emergency Dentist offers a host of benefits and services, alongside bulk billing for eligible children, that you simply won’t find anywhere else:
- Same-day appointments: We pride ourselves on providing expedient services. Book an appointment and come visit us on the same day!
- Experienced dental team: We have an expert team of friendly dentists who will provide the services you need efficiently.
- Various treatments: Alongside emergency services in Brisbane, our clinic offers a variety of treatments including cosmetic dentistry, dental implants, and general dental services.
- Affordable care and multiple finance options: We offer various payment plans, as well as bulk billing.
Receiving dental care from a bulk billing dentist can save you plenty of sleepless nights when your child’s dental health may be at the forefront of your worries! You can skip all unexpected costs that come with general services like dental check-ups, x-rays, and fillings.
High dental care costs could handicap the family budget. With bulk billing, these services will be covered along with any emergencies that need immediate attention.