- Invisalign are a type of clear aligners used for orthodontic treatment to straighten teeth and correct various dental issues like overbites, underbites, etc.
- The average treatment time for Invisalign is 12 to 24 months, depending on individual dental conditions.
- Compared to traditional braces, Invisalign offers more convenience and comfort, requiring fewer dental visits and allowing easier maintenance of oral hygiene.
- The cost of Invisalign treatment varies based on the complexity and duration, ranging from $2,000 to $8,000.
Invisalign aligners are virtually invisible and resemble a thinner mouth guard. They are specially moulded for upper and lower teeth using medical-grade, non-toxic plastic. The aligners gradually push teeth into the desired position and are replaced every 2–3 weeks. The average treatment time is 12 to 24 months, depending on the condition of the teeth.
Read further to learn more about the mechanics of these innovative aligners, as we explore the dental issues they can resolve, and compare them to traditional braces. Whether you have an overbite, crowded teeth, or just desire a more aligned smile, read on to find out if Invisalign in Perth could be the right option for you.
What Does Invisalign Do?
Invisalign effectively addresses multiple malocclusion issues:
- Overbite: When the upper teeth bite over the lower teeth.
- Underbite: A condition where the lower teeth sit in front of the upper teeth across the entire jaw.
- Crossbite: A misalignment affecting a group of upper and lower teeth, where some upper teeth sit inside the lower teeth.
- Gap teeth: Spaces or gaps between the teeth.
- Open bite: When the upper and lower teeth do not meet, leaving an opening straight into the mouth.
- Crowded teeth: When there is not enough room in the jaw for teeth to fit normally.
Consult with your dentist or orthodontist to determine if Invisalign is the right option for you.
What Are The Benefits Of Invisalign Clear Aligners?
Invisalign offers many benefits to individuals seeking a solution for straightening their teeth. Here are some benefits:
- Nearly Invisible: Invisalign aligners are nearly invisible, allowing users to wear them confidently without drawing attention. This is especially beneficial for those conscious of their appearance or who suffer from social anxiety.
- Comfort: Since they are made from a unique material, Invisalign aligners cushion the teeth, offering more comfort than traditional braces. This design ensures they are less invasive and gentler on the mouth.
- Customisable: Invisalign aligners are highly customisable, catering to individuals’ aesthetic preferences.
- Easy Maintenance: They are easy to remove, making them uncomplicated to clean and ensuring optimal oral hygiene.
- Preserves Tooth Enamel: Unlike traditional braces, Invisalign does not employ adhesives that might damage the tooth enamel.
- Enhanced Oral Care Routine: Without the interference of metal brackets and wires, brushing and flossing become hassle-free.
- Modern Solution: When compared to traditional braces, Invisalign stands out as a contemporary teeth-straightening option.
Invisalign Or Braces. Which Is Better?
Both Invisalign and traditional braces serve the primary purpose of straightening teeth, but they come with their distinct features and benefits:
Cost: They are slightly more affordable than Invisalign.
Structure: Braces require the use of brackets and wires.
Comfort: The wires in braces can sometimes poke and irritate the mouth.
Maintenance: Brushing and flossing can be more challenging due to the hardware.
Diet: Wearing braces comes with many food restrictions to avoid damaging them.
Convenience: Invisalign treatments often mean fewer visits to the dental clinic. Patients can transition to the next set of aligners at home.
Appointment Duration: While regular check-ups are necessary (approximately every six weeks), these visits tend to be less time-consuming and free of discomfort.
Emergencies: With no brackets to break or wires to bend, the likelihood of requiring emergency dental visits is minimised.
Aesthetic and Comfort: Invisalign aligners are nearly invisible and generally more comfortable than braces. There is no risk of wire irritation.
While the choice between Invisalign and traditional braces largely depends on individual preferences, specific dental needs, and budget, Invisalign often stands out as a preferable option due to its convenience, comfort, and modern approach.
In essence, Invisalign aligners offer clear advantages over traditional braces, making them a top choice for those looking to straighten their teeth.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Long Does Invisalign Treatment Take?
On average, most patients undergo Invisalign treatment for approximately 12 months. However, the duration can vary based on individual needs and dental conditions. It can be as short as three months with the i7 treatment for minor adjustments. For more complex conditions, it might extend up to eighteen months or even longer.
How Much Does Invisalign Treatment Cost?
The cost of Invisalign treatment varies based on the duration of treatment and the number of aligners required.
Below are the estimated costs of our different Invisalign treatment plan:
I7 (3 months) at $2,000
Lite (3-7 months) at $4,000
Full (7-19 months) at $6,000
Complex (Over 18 months) at $8,000